Our client are a pioneer within Life Science Technology and offer truly innovative solutions to the Pharma market. Their platform, enables scientists to step away from the lab and conduct research entirely from a PC.
They are now moving into the next phase of their life cycle, and are looking to take their offering global by building out a sales force internationally. The first hire in their sales force will come in as the VP of Sales. The VP Sales will have the primary responsibility to drive sales activities, including managing key accounts and soliciting new business for the company. Reporting to the CEO, this individual will execute strategies for revenue growth consistent with the company’s mission and an agreed upon annual sales plan. Initially, this individual will be responsible for all sales activities both in the United States and internationally.
The requirements for this role include:
- An experienced sales professional who has a successful track record of developing strong client relationships in similar roles; experience working in Pharma and Biotech companies is also a plus.
- Experience driving significant revenue growth; managing and delivering on sales targets
- The skills required to autonomously drive and close opportunities, and willingness to take on new tasks and challenges in a dynamic startup environment
- The ability and initiative to work autonomously and drive key metrics without a direct manager
- Responsible for the sales and pipeline development activities in the US and internationally, which includes generating sales leads, organizing client visits and capabilities presentations, meetings with clients, direct sales, and bid defense presentations
- Effectively communicate the company’s value proposition to key opinion leaders, and prospective pharmaceutical and biotech companies
- Provide information such as sales forecasts and metrics
- Management of sales activity plans
Proposals, contracts, and negotiations
- Manage the budget and contract negotiations with the company founders
- Interface with the Legal and Finance teams as it pertains to contracts including but not limited to: master services agreements, work orders, preferred provider agreements, and non-disclosure agreements
- Advise management in negotiation and alignment of contracts and pricing strategies with regards to both short and long-term strategies
- Review and provide input to the company founders for new proposals and budgets
- Develop relations and sales pipeline at major conventions, symposia, industry meetings
- Organize speaking opportunities for the company founders at conventions and industry functions
- Leverage the founders to help promote the company mission, vision and objectives to transform the way in-vitro life science experiments are conducted
- You have at least four (4) years of experience in a sales or sales-adjacent position
- You have relevant previous experience in sales and marketing, including a proven track record in achieving sales targets and fostering client relationships
- You have a scientific background and a working knowledge of life sciences experiments and research
- You are comfortable reading into and becoming familiar with the technical details of the product with the assistance of the team
- You are able to inspire confidence in and excitement about the product
- You are comfortable generating and reaching out to new prospective customers
- You are able to multi-task in a fast-moving environment
- You are resourceful in setting priorities
- You have outstanding oral and written communication skills
- You have a solid network of industry contacts, preferably in the pharma and biotech sector
- The mission of the company resonates with you and you are passionate about the unprecedented potential of the technology that they are developing
You might resonate with the culture if …
- You are passionate about science, technology, and medicine.
- You are impressively empathetic. You can argue the rationale you disagree with as convincingly as the one you agree with.
- You are intellectually fearless. Stretching yourself well out of your comfort zone across multiple disciplines is more the rule than the exception.
- You are curious. When first-principles reasoning illuminates a path that diverges from the standard assumptions, you feel compelled to see where it leads.