I am partnering a rapidly growing Central Laboratory company who are expanding their Contract Management team across the US, UK and EU. Due to a very successful 24 months, they are searching for a Contract Manager in France who will ensure a consistent management of all contracts through the business process through to final Task Order execution and any future Change Orders. The successful candidate will have a comprehensive knowledge of all contractual related matters and will act as the primary interface for internal / external Customers.
- Serve as the primary customers contact during the negotiation phase
- Ongoing interface with customers regarding contractual issues during the lifetime of a project, establishing and maintaining direct customer contact
- Work closely and act as an intermediary between the Business Development Managers
- Creates, negotiates and finalizes contractual documents, including Confidentiality Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Letter of Intents, Start-up Agreements, Task Orders, Change Orders etc
- Follow up on the contracting process and ensure that all is in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications
- Preparation of budget which reflects both the company and customer needs
- Analyze the customer’s needs and translate the service requirements into budget updates for Task Orders/Change Orders
- Assure consistency of budgets
- Facilitate and lead in pricing discussions
- Keep track of all documents required during the initial phase of a clinical project awarded to the company (e.g. budget versions, contracts, laboratory specifications, etc.)
- Ongoing proactive involvement with project management in review of project status, including review of contractual status to ensure compliance with contractual terms, milestones and identification of changes to contracts
- Ensure budget updates for ongoing projects by coordinating process control with the Finance and Project Management departments.
- Analyze current pricing and look for optimization opportunities
- Assist the Department Head BD and contribute in optimizing relevant workflow processes
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of relevant databases
- Participate in the development of testing of tools and procedures
- Participate in Customer meetings as necessary
- Master’s degree in Science (Biomedical, Bio-engineer, etc.)/Life Sciences is preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in one of the following environments: proposal development, contract management, clinical contracting, pharmaceutical contracting, legal (paralegal)
- Experience in a financial oriented setting is a plus – understanding of cash flow and revenue recognition
- Above average organizational skills, with good time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work towards tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead meetings and have excellent negotiation skills
- Confident to deal with all internal / external Customer levels
- Knowledge of MS Office, Excel and windows-based E-mail systems
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant software: Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, databases
- Experience in the CRO business (preferably central laboratory services) is an asset
- Strong interest in pricing analysis and strategy with excellent numeracy skills
Reports to Head of Contracts
This is great opportunity for a highly motivated professional with a desire to fulfil their full potential. You will be seen as an investment within an organisation who will be keen for you to achieve your career aspirations.
If you feel this role is for you or have any questions, please contact me directly!