Our client is an entrepreneurial, highly specialist rare disease and orphan drug consultancy who are looking to expand at the senior end of their already successful team.
They are a dynamic team based in central London with a successful track record of partnering with some of the top clinical stage biotech companies as well as large and mid-size pharma companies to drive their commercial success.
As Associate Director, you will be mainly responsible for project delivery. You will also be developing and growing their global solutions working closely with members of senior management team. Your time will be split across leading and delivering projects, business development and thought leadership & personnel development. This is a role that can quickly transition into Director.
Who you are:
- Results driven individual with track record in rare disease, cell and gene therapy
- Ambitious market access professional with experience of strategy consulting, especially with experience in orphan drugs, cell and gene therapies
- Core project delivery experience will be key
- Strong background in research and analysis particularly in providing new approaches to research including unique corporate circumstances or complex issues and able to draw experience from other contexts
- Highly literate and strong communicator
Day to day roles and responsibilities:
Project Lead/Project Manager:
- You will be expected to project lead on small to medium sized projects with some senior support
- Ensure client recommendations are credible, high value and actionable
- Ability to go beyond questions in discussion guide to brainstorm solutions with stakeholders
- Advise on analytical approaches especially where new approaches to secondary research are required for complex issues
- You will lead client conference calls, meetings and workshops where necessary, including managing complex, high risk group dynamics during meetings and workshops
- Lead on around 3 projects at a time with support from senior team
- Advise and support project managers when required ensuring objectives and timelines are met
- Identify opportunities for follow-on work with existing clients, and engaging with them
- Build new relationships to develop new opportunities
- You will be responsible for a sales target, but it will be essential to collaborate with other senior leaders to ensure we are providing clients with the most relevant offerings and optimal project approaches to address their key business questions
- Strong knowledge base in regulatory, pricing and reimbursement processes in top EU5 countries
- Attend and present in conferences, webinars and podcasts as subject matter expert within a chosen topic area
- Write articles, white papers, manuscripts and internal briefing documents
Personnel Development and Line Management:
- Effectively lead and line manage members of the analyst and consulting team, which includes:
- Understanding the professional interests and areas for development to shape the professional development goals for your direct line reports
- Providing coaching and guidance on staffing, skill development, training needs and career progression
- Monitor and raise emerging people issues with senior leadership, and help to drive associated problem-solving and program development as needed
- Lead performance evaluation processes for direct reports, which includes semi-annual reviews and upward feedback systems
- Work with senior leaders to provide an environment that ensure ensures high performance and professional development of team members
If this sounds like the right type of opportunity for you to develop your skills in a new and exciting environment then please get in touch.
If you’re intrigued but not sure it ticks all the boxes for you, my team and I are also working on a multitude of different opportunities at varying levels.